In alignment with our mission to prepare students to “impact the world of Christ,” Three Rivers Christian School has developed the MissionVision program. Through this program, 7th through 12th grade students have the opportunity to serve on the mission field locally, or go on national and international trips during the last week of March.
For the 2017-18 school year, trips are being planned to the following locations:
As part of their growth in leadership, students are required to raise funds for their trips in the same way a missionary would operate: by asking for donations, sharing their experiences with churches, serving and working.
Here is the yearly calendar of deadlines to participate in the MissionVision trips:
May: Trip options are announced
June: Trip deposits can begin to be paid
September: Deadline for trip deposits
October: Deadline to purchase airfare for Uganda trip, Passport applications due
December: Deadline to purchase airfare for all other trips
February: Deadline to pay for 100% of trip, confirm immunizations
March: Missions Week! March 25-31
TRCS MissionVision Policies:
- National trips are open to 7th, 8th, 9th & 10th grade students as specifically noted in the trip descriptions. International trips are open to 11th and 12th grade students, or students who have already served on a national trip (with approval of the principal).
- The TRCS office cannot accept cash donations for mission accounts. Donations must be processed via check or credit card.
- Spaces on the trip can be secured by paying a $200 deposit. Trip deposits may not be paid until officially enrolled in school.
- For each trip, a Team Treasurer (parent or volunteer) will be selected to maintain a Google spreadsheet with oversight from the Business Office. All student funds raised will be tracked first on this spreadsheet.
- Students may not attend trips if they have unpaid balances from previous trips.
TRCS MissionVision Fundraising Policies:
TRCS will participate in a limited number of fundraisers for MissionVision students. All other funds will need to be raised by the individual students. Click here for a list of approved ideas for individual student fundraising. Click here for a list of fundraisers that can be done individually or in groups with TRCS approval. Any fundraising ideas not on these lists should be cleared with Principal Richards first.