At TRCS, we believe that all children are uniquely designed by a loving creator. We provide a developmentally appropriate experience for middle school age students in grades 6 and 7. Our program is a modified, self-contained classroom taught by three classroom teachers and two specialists. Lessons are delivered so that each child feels the support of loving adults while developing their own potential. Core subjects are enhanced through differentiating, a variety of teaching techniques, team building, field trips and much more.
Our core subjects include Bible, English, Literature, Washington State History, World Studies and three Math levels. Art, Music and Drama are embedded in these subjects. Specialty classes are also offered throughout the year and include: Physical Education, Computer, and Spanish.
Students will participate in weekly chapel services, as well as having the opportunity to participate musically as part of a rotating worship team.
Students will rotate through a selection of exploratory subjects every six to ten weeks. Subjects include:
- Personal Finance
- Study Skills
- Graphic Arts
- Intramural Sports
While quality education is expensive by nature, we work hard to keep our costs as low as possible. We encourage our school families to volunteer in classrooms, or around the campus as their giftedness allows. Our students are also encouraged to think of themselves as part of a greater community; Bible curriculum in this age range is often “action specific” to enhance focus and engagement with community projects.
Our students also have the opportunity to participate in a variety of additional extra-curricular activities for nominal fees:
- Band (For 5th through 7th grade, this class meets in the early morning before school and is included in the price of tuition.)
- Resource Room (During the school day, additional individualized tutoring, 3 to 5 times a week for an additional fee.)
- Enrichment Classes (These after-school classes offer subjects from foreign languages to cooking classes in a fun, creative environment.)
- TRCS Music Conservatory (This program provides the opportunity for students to study instruments on campus at an individual level, either as a pull-out from the school day, or following school.)
- Chess Club (For 1st through 7th grade, this free group meets once weekly through the latter part of the school year and provides a great introduction to the intellectual skills of chess.)
- Team Time (This is a whole-school activity focused on healthy living and exercise. We meet in the gym on Monday morning to exercise together and have time for announcements.)
- Sports (TRCS participates in the WIAA 1B League, and seasonal opportunities are available for competition at the middle school level in volleyball, basketball and cross country.
8 am – 2:55 pm