Our elementary school offers an exceptional Christ-centered education for students grades 1st – 5th. We are excited to have outstanding teachers for these children – ones who truly love to work with kids – with excellent credentials and qualifications. Our faculty and staff work with the children to discover how Biblical teaching affects every area of life and encourage each one to share their faith with others.
TRCS’s elementary campus provides programs intended to meet the spiritual and educational needs of students in these early grades. The curriculum is designed to support the school’s mission to equip students academically, physically, socially, and spiritually so they might serve God and impact their world through biblical thought and action.
We are proud to have 16 faculty members who have served the elementary school with 20 years of teaching experience or more, as well as having a teaching staff whom most hold their Masters degree in Elementary Education. With the average class size being only 20 students, teachers are able to provide more individual care for children and their academic and personal needs.
Our core subjects include Bible, Reading, Math, Social Studies and Science. Art and Drama are embedded in these subjects.
Specialty classes are also offered throughout the year and include:
- Physical Education
While quality education is expensive by nature, we work hard to keep our costs as low as possible. We encourage our school families to volunteer in classrooms, or around the campus as their abilities allow. Our students are also encouraged to think of themselves as part of a greater community; Bible curriculum in this age range is often “action specific” to enhance focus and engagement with community projects. Chapels give our children the opportunity to see connections in our community in an age-appropriate way.
Our students also have the opportunity to participate in a variety of additional extra-curricular activities for nominal fees:
- Band (For 5th through 7th grade, this class meets in the early morning before school and is included in the price of tuition.)
- Resource Room (During the school day, additional individualized tutoring, 3 to 5 times a week for an additional fee.)
- Enrichment Classes (These after-school classes offer subjects from foreign languages to cooking classes in a fun, creative environment.)
- TRCS Music Conservatory (This program provides the opportunity for students to study instruments on campus at an individual level, either as a pull-out from the school day, or following school.)
- Chess Club (For 1st through 7th grade, this free group meets once weekly through the latter part of the school year and provides a great introduction to the intellectual skills of chess.)
8:30 am – 3:15 pm